第七课:Man's Best Friend 人类最好的朋友 ACT I
Robbie, this new Walkman is absolutely wonderful.
Robbie 这个新的随身听真棒。
Richard and Marilyn bought it for me for my birthday.
这是Richard和Marilyn送给我的生日礼物。
They're so thoughtful.
他们真周到。
You are very lucky, Robbie, to have such a nice family.
Robbie 你真幸运 拥有一个这样温馨的家。
Is something wrong, Alexandra?
Alexandra 怎麽
No, nothing.
没有 没什麽。
Yes, there is.
有 有心事
I can tell.
我能觉察到。
What's the matter?
到底发生了什麽事
Come on, you can tell me.
说吧 告诉我。
What's up?
有什麽事
I don't know.
我也说不上来。
Something's wrong.
有点不对劲。
OK, let's talk.
好吧 让我们来谈一谈
I received a letter from my parents this morning.
今天早上我收到父母来的信。
Did they write some bad news?
他们写了什麽坏消息?
No.
没有。
Well, then why are you so sad?
那 你为什么不好受?
I miss them.
我想念他们
I miss them very much.
我非常想他们。
I'm sorry, Alexandra.
对不起, Alexandra。
But I understand.
但是我能理解。
The Molinas treat me so nicely,
Molina一家人对我很好,
and I love being with your family so much
... 我也很喜欢和你们一家一起,
but when I received the letter
但是当我收到那封信
with photographs of my family, I cried.
和我家人的照片,我哭了。
I cried because I miss them all.
我哭 因为我想念他们。
You really miss your family, don't you?
你真的很想念你家里人,是不是?
Yes. I know I must seem silly.
是的 我知道我看起来很傻。
It's not like I have nobody.
又不是说我没有亲人。
I like the Molinal very much,
我很喜欢Molina1家,
and they're so kind to me.
他们对我真好。
Hey, why don't we go out for a cheeseburger and french fries?
嘿 我们何不出去吃一顿芝士汉堡和炸薯条
That'll cheer you up.
这样会让你舒畅些
And you can use my Walkman.
可以用我的随身听
That's a good idea.
好主意。
But if we go out,
但是我们出去
please don't complain about your math teacher or your math homework.
你可别老抱怨你的数学老师或你的数学作业。
I want to have fun.
我想要快快乐乐的
So do I.
也想。
I have to turn off the lights,
我得关掉灯
or else my father will get really angry.
要不然 我爸爸会生气
He says I never turn them out when I leave.
他说我离开时从不关灯。
If they come home and they're on
要是他们回来看见灯开著……。
Do you hear something?
听到什麽了吗
Yes.
是的
What was that?
是什麽呢
It sounded like a dog barking.
听起来像狗叫。
It sounded like a dog barking right here.
好像有狗就在这叫。
Yeah.
对。
A dog!
狗
A springer spaniel!
一只长毛垂耳狗
Come on in!
进来
Make yourself at home.
不要客气。
Oh, you poor little thing.
可怜的小东西。
Come here.
过来。
Come on.
过来。
Poor baby.
可怜的小东西。
Where did you come from?
你从哪来
Her name's Gemma,
她叫做Gemma
and she belongs to Mr. and Mrs. Levinson.
是Levinson夫妇家的狗。
There's a phone number --
有电话号码
five five five ... eight four four eight.
555 ……8448。
Robbie, maybe you should call them and tell the Levinsons we have their cute little spaniel.
Robbie 也许你应该给他们打个电话告诉Levinson夫妇他们可爱的小猎犬在我们这 。
I've always wanted a springer spaniel.
我一直想要一只长毛垂耳狗。
She's so cute.
这狗真可爱。
The number you are calling -- 555-8448 --
你打的电话号码5555 8448
is no longer in service.
是空号。
The number's no longer in service.
这个号码现在不再使用了
Oh, you poor, poor baby.
呵 可怜的小家伙
You've lost your family.
无家可归了。
We'll find them.
我们会找到他们的
Don't worry, Alexandra.
别担心 Alexandra。